Are you passionate about development? Have you dreamed of exploring the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the living classroom of an African success story? Would you like to travel to Rwanda and join a group of peers from around the world in a unique experiential learning study environment?
This Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) program allows you to study progress and challenges towards the 17 goals and their targets in Rwanda. Local faculty members from partner universities such as the University of Rwanda or INES Institute of Applied Sciences provide thematic introductions in the classroom. You will then go out into the field and explore each of the goals and their targets in a highly experiential way, using a combination of site visits, dialogues, interviews and service-learning activities. Course work includes essays, journals, individual presentations, group presentations and a final paper.
Hosted by GEI in partnership with multiple institutions and organizations, this three-week program has a multi-disciplinary approach and is available to students from all majors. Graduate students and professionals are also welcome, and we are happy to consider customizing the program for entire faculty-led delegations.
– Study the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a unique experiential learning environment.
– Explore the progress and challenges towards development of one of Africa’s leading success stories – Rwanda.
– Learn first-hand about Rwanda’s unique history and culture.
– Gain invaluable intercultural competence relevant to your field of study.
– Build lasting friendships with a multicultural group of fellow students.