As international mobility is paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic and organizations are wondering when to restart travel and education abroad, GEI has developed new Virtual Study Abroad Programs for higher education institutions.
We support your faculty to deliver international content no matter where they are teaching from, by plugging in one or several virtual activities and foster your students’ participation and learning experience. The variety of media used, and engagement methodologies encourage undergraduate and graduate students to learn in innovative ways, develop global mind-sets and prepare for future in-person study abroad programs.
Our online faculty led programs and modules are fully customizable and offer more than cultural experiences abroad:
- Academic modules provided by GEI lecturers and guest speakers, live or recorded.
- Interactive local site visits to companies, NGOs and civil society projects.
- International peer engagement through case studies, concurrent small group
discussions and debate nights, service-learning, project and research collaboration.
- Destination deep dives about the local culture, history, society and SDG-related topics
- Intercultural workshops and ‘Connect by Storytelling’ sessions: virtual safari and walking tours, environmental talks, quizz nights, etc.
We can help in adjusting your syllabus to online classrooms. As your academic partner, we are happy to develop a new faculty led program and itinerary from scratch or collaborate with your professors in the design as they normally would to achieve their outcomes from overseas trips.
GEI’s digital travel programs are rooted in our specialist local knowledge and networks in each one of our destination countries:
- South Africa
Contact us and run an international experiential learning course from “home” with us!