What is the average cost of a program?
Each customized program we offer is an entirely unique experience. This also means that the costs will vary according to the program’s location, length, itinerary and logistics standard as well as the number of participants. We will work with you directly in order to match your desirable budget.
From experience, the lowest priced 1-week programs tend to cost around US $1,500 without airfare. Contact us to receive a proposal for your program.
What about your liability insurance?
We maintain general, professional and automobile liability coverage up to US $5 million (per occurrence and on aggregate). If desirable, we will gladly add your institution as additional insured.
What does your response to crises look like?
Over the years of operating in Africa and Asia, we have unfortunately been forced to occasionally deal with diverse crises, ranging from civil unrest, terrorist attacks, politically motivated violence or street crimes to car accidents, public health and medical emergencies and natural disasters. As terrible and sad as every single one of these events has been, they have strengthened our ability to foresee and prevent many potential problems, and to respond swiftly and decisively to any crisis that really hits us. They have also helped us to develop the networks and relationships to those institutions and individuals who can make the difference in the event of an emergency.
Do you help with flights etc?
Generally no. We are not a travel agent and only provide in-country services. We do, however, regularly book domestic and regional flights in case you wish to connect to several destinations during your program. Furthermore, we have entered into a general partnership with StudentUniverse in case we are asked to help with student or group flights.
Can you provide references?
Yes, of course. We will gladly introduce you to colleagues from other institutions who have worked with us in the past.
Can you provide health insurance?
Yes, we generally require all participants to obtain an international health and evacuation insurance. If your institution doesn’t provide this directly, we can supply a very reasonably priced comprehensive health insurance. Our insurance partner is GeoBlue Travel Insurance.
How do you monitor safety and security at the destinations?
The continuous monitoring of safety and security at our program destinations has been an intimate part of our daily work since the very beginning of our operations. All of our decisions are made after careful consideration of every resource at our fingertips – our in-country Study & Training Center staff, our diverse in-country institutional partners, contacts in the field, relevant local government and police sources, local diplomatic missions and a variety of news sources. Our program managers subscribe to various countries’ travel warnings and advisories newsletters, including those of the US State Department. Resident managers make every reasonable effort to stay informed, and they disseminate updates to GEI staff and program participants about any changes that have implications on local safety, security and health risks. And, when necessary, we take immediate action, including program relocation or evacuation.
What can you do for our institution, faculty and students?
We are happy to provide any and all in-country services to make a Faculty-Led & Custom Program a success – from simple logistics to complicated full-program content.
- Destination advice: In a collaborative process, we work with the client to choose the destination that best corresponds to its learning objectives.
- Curriculum & itinerary design: Our global program developers help the client to turn vision and learning objectives into an inspiring itinerary. They also make recommendations for all in-country logistics in accordance with the desired budget.
- Development & coordination: We are happy to take care of any and all preparations, including the development of service elements, lectures, workshops, meetings, site visits and cultural/leisure activities, as well as all logistics.
- Implementation: Our experienced in-country destination management teams ensure the smooth and seamless implementation of the program.
- Evaluation: Where desirable, we conduct a thorough evaluation of the program’s impact and make recommendations for repeat visits.
Where are you located and where do you operate programs?
We are officially incorporated in New York and headquartered in Berlin. Our GEI Study & Training Centers are located in Kigali (Rwanda), Nairobi (Kenya), Cape Town (South Africa) and Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam).
We operate programs in the East Africa, Southern Africa and Southeast Asia regions:
- East Africa: Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda
- Southern Africa: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam
How do I contact GEI in an emergency?
In addition to your on-site program coordinator, our regional GEI Study & Training Centers are accessible 24/7 in case of an emergency. They are staffed with local program managers who are typically nationals of the program destination and hence speak the local language and have access to a range of resources and networks.
- Kenya: +254 (0)721-920007
- Rwanda: +250 (0)782-265848
- South Africa: +27 (0)216-745180
- Vietnam: +84 (0)909-809525
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org