Are you passionate about global mental health and would like to gain new insight through a unique African perspective? Have you read about the Rwandan genocide and would like to learn more about the country’s history as well as its unique success with reconciliation and nation building?
The 2018 theme of our annual Global Mental Health Conference & Summer School was “Physical Health and Mental Health: Towards an Integrated Approach”. Participants have the opportunity to hear from Rwandan and international scholars, and to exchange their knowledge with a multicultural group of participants from Rwanda and abroad.
Co-hosted by the Center for Mental Health (CMH) at the University of Rwanda and GEI, this week-long program is available to students and professionals in the various mental health disciplines and related subjects. Continuing Professional Development credits are available.
The 2019 conference theme and agenda are currently under development and will be shared as soon as available. In the meantime, here is a copy of the 2018 agenda: Download.
- Share your knowledge and gain new insight through a unique African perspective on mental health in developing countries.
- Learn about the unique Rwandan success story.
- Study together with a multicultural group from Rwanda and abroad.
- Create once-in-a-lifetime memories and build lasting friendships.
- Stay on to spend the summer in Rwanda by also enrolling in an internship / volunteer placement in a Rwandan mental health organization.