This program is a unique opportunity for professionals and students in nursing, midwifery, neonatology, pediatrics and related fields to join local capacity development projects and to internationalize their practice. Participants travel to Rwanda or Vietnam to be part of ongoing efforts to respond to concrete capacity development requests of key local institutional partners.
Working hand in hand with local colleagues, participants have the opportunity to take important steps towards master trainer certification and to obtain valuable international teaching experience in relevant training programs. Modules particularly include Helping Babies Breathe® (HBB) and Essential Care for Every Baby (ECEB). Experienced master trainers are welcome to participate at a reduced fee.
- Contribute to the development of vital neonatal resuscitation and essential care capacity.
- Pursue master trainer certification and obtain teaching experience.
- Gain invaluable intercultural competence relevant to your profession.
- Share your knowledge and gain new insight through a unique African or Asian perspective on newborn care.
- Benefit from the professional exchange with other participants and local colleagues.
- Explore an exciting destination and immerse yourself in the culture of your hosts.