Increase your institutional footprint in Africa and Southeast Asia
We are affiliated with more than 80 international academic and professional institutions who desire to increase their footprint in Africa and Southeast Asia. They include universities, colleges and high schools, as well as professional associations, organizations and initiatives. What typically starts as collaboration on a faculty-led and custom program increasingly turns into comprehensive international education partnerships.
Partnership opportunities include the following:
- Over 500 inspiring faculty-led and custom programs across 18 destinations, including curriculum-enhancing Global Immersion study trips as well as impactful Community Engaged Learning or Service-Learning projects.
- Accredited short-term field courses in highly relevant subjects such as social innovation, global health, leadership development or story-based learning
- Fully customized internship, elective, clinical rotation and research placements
- Faculty and staff development opportunities
- Learning centers in Kenya, Rwanda, South Africa and Vietnam
- Social Impact Lab initiatives, including social entrepreneurship incubators and a state-of-the-art trauma clinic in Rwanda
- Collaborative research, training and international development initiatives
Faculty-led & Custom Programs
Faculty-led and custom programs have been at the heart of GEI for more than a decade. We understand how much work their design requires and how important it is for you to be able to rely on specialist local knowledge and networks. We provide the expert support, dedication and passion you need to create your custom program in our 20 destinations across East Africa, Southern Africa and Southeast Asia.
By partnering with GEI, you gain access to our Global Academic Team and our local Learning Center and Social Impact Lab colleagues at the destinations. We have designed more than 500 inspiring custom programs across all key disciplines.
- Pre-departure services: Destination advice, academic program and curriculum design, itinerary and logistics development, flexible and transparent pricing according to your budget
- On-site services: Coordination of all program elements (orientations, lectures, guest speakers, workshops, meetings, site visits, cultural immersion, service-learning etc) and logistics, risk management and 24/7 health & safety support
East Africa (Kigali & Nairobi)
Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda
Southern Africa (Cape Town)
Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Southeast Asia (Ho Chi Minh City)
Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam