How to apply?
We welcome undergraduate and graduate students who:
- are in good academic standing (average of 2.5 or higher) at a college or university.
- have completed at least one year of college-level coursework at the time of the course.
- meet stated prerequisites for the course to which they are applying. Prerequisite information is available on course-specific web pages.
Rolling admissions dates
We have a rolling admissions process. This means that applications are evaluated on a rolling basis between the opening and closing dates of an application cycle. Consequently, applicants are notified of their acceptance or rejection within a few weeks of applying. However, some courses may fill before the closing dates. Therefore, it is important to apply early and ensure that your application is 100% complete.
To start an application, visit the course page of your chosen course and select the „Apply now” button from the “Program Information” box. You can start an application at any time of the year.
Applications must be complete to be reviewed for admission. This implies that you upload all additional materials (transcripts, resume or academic reference) in a timely fashion via our application platform. The system allows you to save your work and return to it at any time.
You are welcome to log in and check on an application’s status at any time here.
We close registration two months before the beginning of the course. To see the application deadline, go to the webpage of your course of choice, it is indicated in the “Program Information” box.
There are three steps in the application process:
To apply to one of our courses, you will need to submit the following materials. Please note that we will not review your application until we have received all of these materials.
- Application form (to start, click on “Apply Now” button on each program page)
- Last Official Transcript(s)
- An up-to-date resume
No deposit payment is required at this stage. Your application must be submitted before the closing date.
2. Offer of acceptance
Once approved, you will receive a confirmation acceptance notice. You will have fourteen days to confirm your participation in the course and secure your place by paying a $300 non-refundable deposit. The payment invoice is available in the Document Library on your online account, under the “My Documents” tab. Payment options are also mentioned in this invoice.
(Should you not be able to join a course after successfully completing your application, registration fees can be stored for one year and used for another course after discussion with your GEI coordinator.)
When we receive your deposit payment, you will be invited to complete the last section of the application form. It includes passport information, medical self-evaluation, arrival and departure details and accommodation options. Following this, we will send you a final invoice to be paid a minimum 4 weeks before the course starts.
You can start or complete an application here.
- Seek academic support and credits at your home university.
- We recommend you meeting with your college or university study abroad advisors, academic advisors, or faculty to assist in course selection and preparation, especially concerning academic credits.
- Take note of course-specific requirements.
- Most of our courses are open to all majors and level but few have stricter prerequisites, such as the Global Health Field Course. Please go to your program page and check the enrolment requirements section.
- You must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the course. If you do not, you should apply for one, even before you submit your application.
All our courses are taught in English, hence proficiency in this language is essential.
Once you have submitted your application, our admissions team will review your documents. Our courses usually welcome between a minimum of 7 and up to 20 students and intend to gather varied and interesting profiles.
Offers of acceptance are usually made within two weeks. You will then have 14 days to reserve your place in the course by making a deposit payment ($300). At this stage, you will be invited to complete the last part of the online application (including passport information, medical self-evaluation, arrival and departure details, and accommodation options).
The remaining amount is due 8 weeks prior to the beginning of the course.
Once you have been accepted, you will receive the following information prior to your departure:
- Visa instructions, if applicable.
- An orientation packet, health and safety advisories, country and cultural information, and packing guidelines. (The packet should arrive four–six weeks before the course start date.)
- A coursework packet, outlining more specific information about the course and listing the required readings (The packet should arrive following your acceptance notice.)
Internship Course Application
The custom internship course has a specific time frame you can see below.