Would you like to have a preclinical or clinical experience in a developing country health system to enhance your medical, nursing or public health education?
Our Health Electives in Vietnam for international students in medicine, nursing, public health and other health sciences offer a variety of preclinical, clinical, global health and research opportunities at Vietnamese hospitals and host organizations. Placements are tailored to your qualifications and interests. Clinical rotations are particularly available to final-year medical students who desire to meet their medical school elective abroad requirements.
Host sites include university teaching hospitals, other select urban and rural hospitals and health centers, as well as local NGOs.
In addition to the placement, you will benefit from a pre-placement orientation, a weekly classroom or field session with interdisciplinary training, and a weekly formal supervisory meeting.
Custom placements are available year-round, with flexible durations (minimum 4 weeks). A special summer placement option (5 weeks or 9 weeks) starts on June 30 and includes a group excursion.
- Combine a highly relevant global experience with professional skills development and cultural immersion.
- Work with Asian colleagues and develop your intercultural communication skills, confidence and adaptability.
- Gain new insight through a unique Asian perspective on healthcare in developing countries.
- Explore the progress and challenges towards development of a leading Asian success story.
- Broaden your personal and professional network, and build lasting international friendships.