Are you seeking a highly relevant global experience in your field of study that enables you to develop professional skills and offers you a thorough cultural immersion in a unique Asian country?
Our Custom Internships enable you to develop and apply your theoretical and practical knowledge in a supervised placement. You are matched with a local host organization according to your level of study, existing skills and desired fields. A specific internship plan is developed in advance of each placement. Academic credits are available, and you will be expected to complete some key course requirements.
In addition to the placement, you will benefit from a pre-placement orientation, a weekly classroom or field session with interdisciplinary training, and a weekly formal supervisory meeting.
While we cannot guarantee that we will find a suitable host organization for you, placements are typically available in a range of fields. This includes medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health, allied health, oral health, mental health, veterinary medicine, business, social innovation, global studies, communications & media, law, development, education, sustainability, engineering, or natural resource management. Custom placements are available year-round, with flexible durations (minimum 4 weeks). A special summer placement option (5 weeks or 9 weeks) starts on June 30 and includes an additional group excursion.
- Combine a highly relevant global experience with professional skills development and cultural immersion.
- Work with local colleagues and develop your intercultural communication skills, confidence and adaptability.
- Gain new insight through a unique Asian perspective on development and nation building.
- Explore the progress and challenges towards development of a leading Asian success story.
- Broaden your personal and professional network, and build lasting international friendships.