Women & Leadership delegations to participate in global conference
After we sent our recent invitation to join a Women & Leadership delegation to South Africa this summer, many of you have requested further information about our friends at Graduate Women International (GWI) and their triennial conference in Cape Town. GWI is the leading girls’ and women’s global organization run by and for women. They advocate for women’s rights, equality and empowerment through access to quality education and training up to the highest levels.
The Cape Town conference’s theme is ‘At the crossroads of education, gender and human rights’. Discussions will focus on four key topics:
- Managing complexity in education
- New technologies and their impact on secondary, tertiary and continuing education
- Human rights and education – from teenager to adult in education and active life
- Access to education for girls and women.
More information is available at the main conference website.
Combining the conference with an education and engagement tour
Program dates: Aug 13-20 (Shahzadi) | Aug 27-Sep 3 (Randell)
Program fees: $2,500 not including airfare
- Prof. Jackie Shahzadi, PhD of the University of Phoenix is a regularly sought speaker at conferences on women as global leaders. She serves on the boards of Women Graduates USA and the Virginia Gildersleeve International Fund (VGIF).
- Prof. Shirley Randell, AO, PhD is a renowned expert in gender mainstreaming and public sector reform in developing countries. She served as Vice President of the International Federation of University Women (now Graduate Women International).
For more information, please visit our program page.